I have an old YouTube account which happens to have all of my channel subscriptions on it – unfortunately I don’t use this login for anything but YouTube and would rather my subscriptions be in my main gmail account. So I search online to see if you can import or export YouTube subscriptions – you can’t.
I did however manage to do it in the fastest way I could think of and moved over around 50 subscriptions in a few minutes and it was a good opportunity to clean out anything I didn’t watch anymore!
Transfer YouTube Subscriptions
I am using Google Chrome for this but any modern browser should be fine.
- Open YouTube in a tab and log into the account you want to transfer the subscriptions out of.
- Click on “Subscriptions” in the left hand menu to view a list of your subscriptions.
- Now open a YouTube in a new tab and log into the account you want to transfer the subscriptions to.
- In the first tab – Ctrl + click (for Chrome) on the channel you want to transfer – this will open them in a new tab.
- You will need to work your way through tabs and click “Subscribe” which will add them to your new account.
- Go through your old subscription list until you have re-subscribed to all the channels you want.
This isn’t an automated process but I found it to be relatively quick and easy to move my subscriptions across.
Let me know if you have found a better way to transfer your YouTube subscriptions!