Google Search Update:
Google is rolling out a new update for its Google Search for Android and it seems that the main focus of this update is to add more functionality to Google Now, the sorta personal assistant by the tech giant. Of course, with these added functionalities Google Now will become even more wide range in its operations, so you should expect a definite increase in the number of cards appearing on your smartphone or tablet.
Some of the new features that are being introduced in the update are,
- Car rental cards: Now you will be able to get reservation details and directions to the rental directly through Google Now, a feature that when coupled with the boarding pass and hotel reservation cards make Google Now your perfect travel companion on the go.
- Concert ticket card: Thinking of going to a concert? If you are then Google Now will make sure that your tickets for the event are ready when you arrive at the venue, also, it will provide you with relevant information including news and event pages for the venue.
- Upgraded public transit cards: Improvement in the transit cards means that you will be notified about the last train or bus home if you use the public transport system.
- Commute sharing card: This interesting feature while let your loved ones know when you leave work to come home. In order to make use of this, you will have to go to the “Google Now traffic settings” page and turn it on. After you have done so, you will be able to add people under the “Choose who can see your location using Google+” setting. To be exact, the pinpoint section is the one you need to add your loved ones to.
- Set remainders during search: Another great upgrade, you will now be able to add remainders while you are searching for your favorite movies, actors, books and authors. Simply tap the “remind me” button and now you will get a remainder when new content in these categories show up, like a new movie starring a certain actor or the upcoming episode of a TV show.
- Updated TV card: Showing off the smartness of the Google Now algorithms, this feature will tell you about the news mentioned and music playing in a TV show that you are watching. In addition to this, the cards will also give you information about the people on the show and program information. To activate, just tap on the mic and say “listen to TV”.
A lot of these features will require you to put a certain amount of trust in Google as they will pull from your Gmail data and search results in order to be more efficient and optimized.
You need Android 4.1 or higher in order to make use of Google Now. This update is apparently going to be rolled out gradually but if you want the APK file, you can download it below,APK File
Don’t use Google Now? Well, if you want to start doing so now then we have you covered with this guide about how you can set it up and get the most out of it. Check it out here.[Via: Android Police]